The Moontimes Blog is rammed full of very good content but it needed a new look.
Here is how it looked before. It is on WordPress and used a standard theme.
The brief was to make it look more inviting, more like a red tent, a safe space for women.
I totally customised the theme to make it warmer and more inviting.
- Branding was carried through into the blog by using an alterered banner image from www.moontimes.co.uk
- The colours on the site have been changed to warm tones to reflect the mood of the site.
- The home page has a description of the site with a list of recent posts below – Rachael from Moontimes said it was like “choosing a chocolate” with all the little pictures.
- I’ve added links to Moontimes on Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and YouTube and embedded the Moontimes Facebook wall on the sidebar too.
- Rotating banners show off Moontimes products on the sidebar
- Affiliate links are placed below each post and in the sidebar
- The menu is clearer and bolder, it’s easier to find what you need.
- I’ve squashed up the Archive so it takes less space but it expands when you click on a year.
The job came in under budget which is great because I’d love to do a little more tidying – new banners for the products in the side bar would be great. For her money Rachael also got video tutorials to show her how to add affiliates and manipulate her gallery. Everyone seems to love the videos because I use the clients site to show them how things work, they have a permanent and instant tutorial just a click away!